Monday, June 28, 2010

Back it up

So I promised I'd update about my fabulous camping weekend with two of my favorite people...so here it is!

My friends Katie and Brit, who have been very supportive of my whole camp endeavor, came up to visit me last weekend. As a camp employee, we are allowed to camp on one of the 4 campsites on weekends, and as Katie and Brit love to camp, this provided a great opportunity for some summer fun in a different setting than school, where we usually hang out.

We camped at Indian Point, the closest campsite to main camp. We spent the weekend fishing, relaxing, and eating Katie's delicious food! We also ventured into Stevens Point on Friday to dine at Noodles&Company (one of my favorite restaurants) and see Toy Story 3. I know that's not what camping is all about, but after being stranded at camp, I needed a little urban reprieve. On Saturday we tried going to Waupaca for something called Strawberry Fest but we got there too late. So instead we had ice cream at the local DQ then found cute little hotdog stand that had Chicago style hotdogs--which Katie and I love! Saturday night Rosholt had something called "Good Time in the Pines" with fair food, rides, and fireworks. We had a super awesome time!
It was a really amazing weekend and I was so happy that I got to show my friends where I'm spending my summer :) I'd love to update more, but I have to go get ready for a med pass! Hope all is well!

~SJ
Katie and her mad chef skills!
Hiking around the lake

Brit (left) Katie (right) under a fallen tree that uprooted

The crazy little chipmunks get so close!
(hint: look to the right of Brit's foot!)
Katie and I eating Chicago dogs at Mo's

Fireworks at Good Times in the Pines

Brit enjoying her funnel cake

Mo's

Brit, myself, and Katie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment