Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The countdown continues

Diabetes Week 2 is off and running. We've got another great group of kids this week. The nursing assistants are working with a cabin of 8-10 year old boys and their so naughty and I just love them! (loving the naughty kids is a theme that is sure to continue into my teaching career!)

Yesterday I got to play water games with thirty 8-10 year olds. All 15 boys decided that it was very important to tackle me, jump on me, and soak me with buckets of water--and you'd better believe I loved every minute of it! This afternoon I get to play kickball and tonight: SOCCER! I'm pretty excited!

The plan for me is to go home on Friday. I'm starting to get nervous about saying goodbye to everyone. Some more than others, of course. I'll figure out how to deal with that in a few days.

Again, not much to report from camp. I got to do another clinic run last week with a kiddo who sprained their ankle pretty bad. So brave! So far this week everything is going along swimmingly, but I will keep you updated if anything exciting happens!

~SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment