Saturday, July 9, 2011

I think it's a bug...but it's got fur...

Wow. How time flies when you're at camp. So not only are we done with DHH 1, but DHH 2 has come and gone as well. It's been a whirlwind two weeks. I had16 and 17 years olds during DHH 2. It was a small week because of the fourth of July. There were about half the amount of campers in all of camp so I only had four in my cabin. For two of them it was the last year--you age out at 17.

Camp out one during DHH 1 was really good. I got a deer tick behind my knee but one of the nursing assistants took it out. Our DHH 2 camp out at Indian Point was a blast as well. There were only three boy campers in the cabin we worked with so it was a small group. One of the boys went fishing and caught a bunch of bass. He lost his lure int he water close to shore so me being the darling I am shed my shoes and socks and waded out in my spandex shorts to retrieve it.

I will post pictures below so you get more of an idea of what I've been up to. Next week we have CD2 and I don't have any campers in my cabin so I will be a co-counselor to the Hemlocks cabin. There are 7 girls between the ages of 10 and 12. I am looking forward to the week!

Chelsey and I at the Tropical Oasis dance, DHH2


My unit pal for DHH2, Morgan, and I at the Indian Point lighthouse


Me getting the camper's lure from the rope swing area.
Me busting some moves during the dance off, DHH2

Two of the counselors dressed up as flamingos for the dance

Chel and I out on the pontoon on the weeked

Amy, J-Wow, and myself at the DHH1 dance
Luke and Jake

Me being super good at archery...sort of

Hanging out in the shelter we built out of branches and downed trees
Stay tuned for more camp fun!
~SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment