Tuesday, July 19, 2011

CD 3, Day 3

It is so hot it's ridiculous! It's been in the 90s all week so we've switched a lot of the activities to water-based activities. Yesterday was interesting because we had two different sets of storms roll through: one during breakfast and one during dinner. And in between, blue sunny beautiful skies.

Aside from the strange weather, the week has started off on a high note. My eight campers are pretty wonderful kids. I am enjoying hanging out with them. One of the little boys in our unit (2 cabins=1 unit) is hard of hearing so I still get to practice my sign. He's so naughty but he's my little buddy!

The week is going by pretty fast. We aren't doing any camp outs because of the heat. Because I have a younger cabin we get to go to bed early, which is nice for me and for them. Our last activity for the night is always 6:20-8:20, followed by Trading Post at 8:30. During Trading Post time the campers are allowed to by one snack and one drink from the camp store. It is a nice chance to sit down together and relax after a busy day. After everyone is done eating we head down to the cabin for bed time.

I am currently facing a serious decision about what to do with the rest of my break...sleep or shower. Can I do BOTH in an hour??

~SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment