Thursday, June 16, 2011

BVI Adult: Week 1, Day 4

Today is a better day. I think yesterday I had a case of cabin fever (get it, CABIN fever...I'm at camp...) The weather has been better today. This morning I spent sometime on the lake kayaking and paddle boating with campers. I even remembered to wear sunscreen! I hope you are all as proud of me as the camp nurse is (my old boss.) She's extra hard on the staff when we turn up with sunburn because we should know better. The smell of sunscreen reminds my of my brother Ethan because he puts it on every morning before he goes to work at Steins and it makes the whole upstairs smell like it.

This afternoon I got to go on wagon rides through the forest. We saw a couple of deer milling about. I always feel so connected to nature when we go off main camp and into "the wilderness". Next week I will be starting to run to train for the 5K Chelsey and I are planning on running in Milwaukee this September, the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.

Everyone is looking forward to the talent show tonight. My duet partner Matthew and I have been practicing all week. We are singing a song called "Awake and Alive" by a Christian rock band called Skillet. It is one of his favorites. Before the talent show there is a pig roast in the rec shelter. Everyone is looking forward to that as well!

A bit of a shorter post today. Going to use the rest of my time off to relax and get ready for the exciting night ahead and saying goodbye to my campers tomorrow.

~SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment